Pink! Cocktail Fundraiser

Susan G Komen Banner

Midwesterners are known for being generous and to lend a helping hand.  Milwaukeeans are perhaps the best at this!  We’ve been known to jump into freezing water to raise money for Special Olympics, sip on a variety of beers and wines to benefit the Milwaukee County Zoo and just recently a fellow Milwaukeean started a Go Fund Me page to save our beloved Domes.  Milwaukeeans consistently exemplify the meaning of midwestern values.  Today I am calling on all Milwaukeeans to help our fellow neighbors who are fighting breast cancer.  It is estimated that 1 in every 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.  Then factor in everyone who is indirectly affected by the diagnosis – the kids whose mom can’t pick them up from school because she is having a chemo treatment, the husband who desperately wants to be there to support his wife at the hospital, but can’t because he has to work to pay for the expensive treatments.  I’m willing to bet that almost everyone in the Milwaukee area has in some way been impacted by breast cancer.

On Thursday, March 10th, the Susan G Komen Fund of Southeastern Wisconsin is asking for our help to raise money for local Milwaukeeans who are affected by breast cancer.  The goal is to raise $100,000 of which 75% will go directly to the expenses of local Milwaukeeans fighting breast cancer and the remaining 25% will go toward finding a cure.  Helping is easy and you don’t need to jump in a freezing lake to do it.  Simply buy a ticket to attend the Pink! Cocktail Party at the Hilton City Center.  The event will feature live entertainment, an exceptional live and silent auction, a cash bar with a signature cocktail, hors d’oeuvres, exquisite wine and opulent jewelry pulls, a dynamic golf ball station and trendy lipstick and makeup stations.  Tickets are $50 in advance or $60 at the door.  (Click here to purchase tickets.)  Yes, helping is a simple as gathering some friends or loved ones for a night of entertainment and fun!

I will be attending the event with my girlfriends and I hope to see as many local Milwaukeeans there as possible!  Let’s pull together and help our neighbors.

milwaukee, MKE Local, www.mkelocal.com
http://www.mkelocal.com

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s